Can you feel the love this month? In the spirit of naked winged babies armed with heart-shaped arrows at you, we’ve put together a list of the top tech we’re loving right now. From backpacks to laptops to iPods (you read that right) – use this list as your Valentine’s Day buying guide, or just treat yourself to some new gear because, well, you’re an adult.
Check it out:
- Dell XPS 13: Dell has won the laptop race once again and made the top of our list with the release of the Dell XPS 13. We are loving this super thin, 11- inch screen laptop. It weighs a measly 2.7 pounds and can last up to 14 hours on a single charge — plus! With a 7th generation Intel processor, this thing will never be running behind you. Did we mention that it comes in the color rose gold? Sleek and on-trend. We like it.
- HP Powerup Backpack: Heck. Yes. HP Powerup backpack has revolutionized the backpack and portable charger game. With a 22,400mAh battery, this backpack will fully charge your phone 10 times and your laptop 3 times before it itself needs to recharge. This bag looks super slick, with a grey exterior and black leather trimming. It also has the capabilities to control the temperature of the backpack (!!) – providing ventilation and making sure that your devices stay as cool as you are (sorry). The Powerup bag starts at $160 on Amazon, which is a little steep, but well worth the price.
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet S2: Don’t you hate it when you arrive at your favorite trendy coffee shop, ready to get some freelance work done, but can’t find a table that’ll fit your dinosaur laptop, mouse pad, and nearby outlet for inevitable charging? Same. Thankfully, the Samsung tablet family continues to blaze the powerful portability trails. The Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet has proven to be top of the line with an octa-core processor, expandable memory, and a Super AMOLED display. Not only is multi-tasking on this device a breeze, it has the capabilities to edit the big Microsoft Office apps — Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. This tablet starts at $350, about half the price of an average laptop.
- Resident Evil 7: What’s more romantic than your significant other traveling to an abandoned plantation to revive your mutant body? Nothing, probably. For Ethan Winters, saving his wife, Mia, from the hands of a T-virus is the objective. Resident Evil 7 made its debut to gamers on January 24th of this year and it has proven to be one of the best games yet. Not only can you play this game on a PC, Xbox 1, and PlayStation 4 – but this game has a virtual reality component too. RE7 is one of the only survival horror games playable on PlayStation VR. We are thoroughly impressed with the realistic graphics, challenging objectives, and detailed storyline. For a cool $59.99, you can help Ethan save Mia before the clock strikes Valentine’s Day.
- iPod Nano 7th Generation: That’s right. An iPod. Tired of having to delete files on your phone to make available space? Simplify your life by revisiting your old pal the iPod. With Apple Music, the 7th generation iPod Nano is a great, cheap alternative for listening to and storing music. This 2.5 inch, touchscreen device reminds us of an iPod touch because of its incorporation of the home button and support for Bluetooth headphones. With the 16GB costing just under $150, there is nothing more compact and convenient. Plus, the iPod comes with a free side of nostalgia.