NextWorth offers you the convenience of being able to trade in online or in-store, depending on your location and preference.
Online – Mail it in.
- Get a quote online. Find your device or video game using our visual catalog or search field, select your item and follow the prompts.
- Mail it. Carefully pack and mail your device to us using the prepaid shipping label (must be postmarked within 30 days of your Quote).
- Get paid! After inspection, we will mail you a Check or deposit the money into your PayPal account. The choice is yours!
Walk it in.
NextWorth has partnered with several retailers to offer its trade-in program. Just follow the steps below and you are on your way!
- Participating retailers include Meijer, Fred Meyer, and Nebraska Furniture Mart.
- Bring in your used device(s) and/or video game(s) to the customer service counter, and an associate will value it on the spot.
- Trade in for a gift card or store credit you can use whenever you like.
Please note online and in-store values may differ slightly; quotes generated on Nextworth.com cannot be redeemed in-store.
What categories of Consumer Electronics do you accept?
We currently accept those categories of electronics listed on our home page: Smartphones, Tablets, Video Games, Laptops, iPods, Action Cameras (Go Pros), Wearables (Apple Watch, Samsung Watch, certain Fitbits), and Portable Audio (bluetooth speakers such as Beats Pill, Bose Soundlink, etc.). Lots of folks ask, but we DO NOT accept televisions or monitors of any kind, external hard drives, tower computers, refrigerators, or items that fall into other categories not listed here as “accepted”.
If you have a device or video game that fits into our accepted categories, but you cannot find your device, please contact Customer Service (CustomerService@nextworth.com) and we will investigate.
How are quotes determined?
Our real-time quote engine considers a number of factors such as the condition of the device or video game, its configuration, and its projected value in the secondary market to arrive at a fair price. Above and beyond price, NextWorth offers convenience, reliability, and security, ensuring you get the most overall value for your device.
How does the condition of my device or video game affect quotes?
There are certain criteria for each product and product category that affect quotes more than others. These criteria are posed as questions prior to providing the quote to you. It is important that you answer these questions accurately to ensure quote adjustments are avoided once we receive and examination your device.
How often are quotes updated?
Quotes are updated real-time.
When is the best time to get the highest quote?
The best time to get the highest quote is now. All consumer electronics depreciate over time, and this depreciation can be accelerated during the launch of new devices. NextWorth quotes are good for 30 days, so locking in early is always the best way to go.
Clarify the 30 Day Quote Guarantee?
Quotes from NextWorth.com are good for 30 days. Your package must be scanned by the carrier or postmarked within 30 days of the day your Quote was generated. If your quote expires and you still want to sell your item(s)? Simply return to NextWorth.com to get a new quote.
I can’t find my device or video game on your site. Does that mean you don’t accept my item?
Not necessarily. Contact Customer Service (CustomerService@nextworth.com) and we’ll investigate it. Please do note that we DO NOT accept printers, televisions or monitors of any kind, refrigerators or dumbbells (yes, we have had people ask!)
My device or video game has no value. What are my options?
If you are selling another item that does have value to NextWorth, you can include these electronics in the same box, and we’ll ensure it gets recycled responsibly. Alternatively, you can look for a recycling facility in your city that recycles electronics. Many of our retail partners also provide drop-off bins for electronics recycling.
How do I prepare my item(s) for shipment?
Be sure to include all items you specified you had when you received your Quote. For example, if it was asked, and you indicated that you have the power cord, charger, battery, etc. for the device you are trading, be certain to include it in the box you send to us, otherwise your Quote value will be impacted.
If your product originates with batteries, please include them with your device.
DO NOT include manuals, ear buds, car chargers, protective casings, etc. If we do receive them, they will be recycled and cannot be returned to you. If you ship your device in its original box/packaging, please note that when received, it, too will be recycled and cannot be returned to you.
IMPORTANT: For smartphones and tablets, it is your responsibility to:
- Deactivate Find My iPhone for all iOS devices and Mac and erase your content and settings. Here’s how.
- Remove the SIM card
- Deactivate the cellular service
- Deactivate the data service
- Delete your data
To remove the SIM card from Apple iPhones and iPads: gently insert Apple’s SIM card removal tool or a straightened paperclip into the pin-sized hole in the SIM card tray. Once you release the catch in bottom of the hole, the SIM tray will eject from the phone body. Remove your card from the tray and reinsert the tray so it is secure and flush with the casing.
When we receive devices with SIM cards intact, we destroy them to protect your privacy. We cannot return these to you, so please be sure they are removed prior to sending your device.
How do I deactivate “Find My iPhone”, “Find My iPad” and “Find My Mac” for iOS devices before shipping, after shipping (gulp!) or if my device does not power on?
Find My iPhone is a feature for iOS devices: iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, iPod Touch and MacBook that can help locate your device if lost.
Leaving Find My iPhone or the Activation Lock turned on renders the device valueless because new owner will not be able to activate it. Which means, yep, you guessed it, we will not be able to offer you any value.
To ensure a fast and hassle-free process, please make sure to turn off Find My iPhone before sending your Apple device(s) to us. The best and easiest way to do this is to erase all content and settings from your device before trading it.
+From a Mac (for your Mac): Choose Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud, then deselect Find My Mac.
On your iOS device: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
IMPORTANT: If you do not have your iOS device or if it does not power on, you still need to be sure to deactivate FMI. Here’s how:
From any browser:
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and Password when prompted
- Select Settings > then select the device you are selling to us
- When the dialogue window appears, confirm the device you need to deactivate by clicking the “x” next to it
- Select Remove
This will completely erase your device, turn off Find My iPhone, and remove the device from your iCloud account. Please contact us if you need any assistance with this process.
How do I unpair my Apple Watch and turn off the “Activation Lock”?
Not doing so will void your trade-in value. It’s quick and easy…here’s how:
From your iPhone:
- Keep the Apple Watch and iPhone close together
- From your iPhone: Open the Watch App and tap “My Watch”
- Tap “Apple Watch”, then tap “Unpair Apple Watch”
- Tap next to the Watch you are selling, then tap “Unpair Apple Watch”
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID & Password to disable Activation Lock
- Tap again to confirm.
- After the Apple Watch unpairs, you’ll see the “Start Pairing” message on both the iPhone and Apple Watch
Note: The iPhone auto-creates a backup of the Apple Watch which you can use to restore a new Apple Watch.
From any browser:
- Go to iCloud.com
- Sign in with Apple ID, and open “Settings”
- Under “My Devices”, click “Apple Watch”
- Click next to appropriate device, then click “Remove” and confirm
How do I package my device(s) for shipment?
- Protect your device! Wrap each device securely with bubble wrap or other packing material to protect your item during shipment. If you are sending in multiple items be sure to individually wrap each item, so they will not damage each other during shipment.
- Choose an appropriately sized box. Place your electronics in an appropriately sized box. Choose a box with enough room for cushioning material around the contents. Do note that if you ship your device in its original box/packaging, all packaging is recycled once received, and cannot be returned to you.
- The Test (important): Close and gently shake the box. Is there enough padding to keep the device secure? Or is the device bouncing around inside? If it’s bouncing around, add more newspaper, packing foam, or cushioning material. This is important. NextWorth will not be held responsible for damage to your items that may occur during shipping.
- Tape your box shut and reinforce the seams with 2″ wide tape. Use clear or brown packaging tape, reinforced packing tape, or paper tape. Do not use cord, string, or twine. If you’re reusing a box, cover up or black out any old labels and markings.
How do I ship my electronics?
- Print your NextWorth provided pre-paid Shipping Label. Please only use the provided Shipping Label to send in your device. If you use another carrier or label, we will not be able to track your package and we cannot guarantee that it will be insured during transit.
- Tape the prepaid Shipping Label to the package away from any folds or seams.
- Within 30 days of receiving your Quote, mail your package with the appropriate carrier (UPS or USPS) as denoted by your shipping label. We strongly recommend having your package scanned by the carrier and obtaining a receipt.
What happens after I send in my electronics?
Once your electronics are received in our processing center, our specially trained technicians will complete a functional inspection or your product(s). Our goal is to complete that within four (4) business days. Note: Laptops and Apple Laptops will be inspection complete within seven (7) business days due to a more complex inspection process.
Most of the products we inspect match exactly what was quoted online. In these cases where the quoted value matches the inspected value we send you an email letting you know, then issue payment in the form you selected. However, at times mistakes can be made by customers when identifying and grading their device. The most common mistake is when a customer submits an item as an incorrect generation or model (for example, an iPhone 6 versus an iPhone 6s). If we determine that the item received is an incorrect model or is in a different condition, we will adjust the inspected value to reflect the inspected model and/or condition.
For those whose value is below the quoted amount, NextWorth forgives differences that are less than $10 of the originally quoted amount and pays the original quoted amount. For differences greater than $10, NextWorth informs customers via email and gives customers TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS to either have their item sent back free of charge or accept the lower amount. If we do not hear back from the customer within TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS, NextWorth will automatically issue payment for the adjusted amount.
What if I change my mind after sending my electronics, what is your return policy?
Any item that matches the original quote or greater cannot be returned to you, and in the case of sales with multiple items we are only able to return items that have been re-priced.
We remove protective layers and/or casing to check condition of your item(s). If you want your item back for any reason, we are not responsible for any accessories, including chargers, external shells, casings, original box or protective layers on your item(s).
Re-pricing occurs when there is a discrepancy between what is specified and the product received. NextWorth forgives differences that are less than $10 from the originally quoted amount, and will pay the original quoted amount in those instances. For differences greater than $10, NextWorth will inform you via email of the revised value and gives you TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS to either have your item sent back free of charge or accept the lower amount. If we do not hear back from the customer within TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS, NextWorth will automatically issue payment for the adjusted amount.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOUR ITEM DOES NOT HAVE VALUE AFTER IT IS RE-PRICED AND YOU DO NOT REPLY TO OUR RE-PRICE EMAIL WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS YOUR ITEM(S) WILL BE RECYCLED.
Our customers expect a fair and honest quote from us and we expect honesty and accuracy in how our customers evaluate their items. The company reserves the right at all times to determine whether an abuse to our system and services has been made for any reason. If we determine an abuse to our system has occurred, we will not provide free return shipping. Any customer whose sale has been deemed as abuse will be responsible for the cost of having their item returned to them. As with all sales, only those items that have an error in submission will be eligible to be returned. Abuse of our system may include, but is not limited to: a significant change in the condition of an item, submitting an item as a clearly different model, submitting an item as a working item when it is clearly broken, or submitting an item that has been lost/stolen.
Can I get a quote online and get paid in the store?
Online and in-store values may differ; quotes generated online cannot be redeemed in-store, and vice-versa.
How do I check the status of my transaction?
Simply go to My Trades and enter your order number and the email you used when you checked out to view the status of your transaction. If you have any specific questions you can always email us or call (888) 969-4763 Monday thru Friday 9AM to 8 PM EST.
How long does it take to get paid?
We issue payment after item inspection. Once we receive your item, we will inspect it as quickly as we can, which is typically within three (3) business days (note: Laptops and Apple Laptops will be inspected within seven (7) business days due to higher complexity). Checks will be mailed via USPS within five (5) business days of the device being inspection complete. Paypal deposit will be made within two (2) business days of the device being inspection complete.
Please note if you trade multiple devices in the same trade order, payment will be issued once the last device has been inspected.
What happens to all the electronics?
NextWorth’s programs and services bring the reuse of electronics into the mainstream, to reduce e-waste and increase the lifetime use of electronics. NextWorth diverts electronic products from the waste stream by re-directing the equipment from the landfill and into the hands of new users, increasing the lifetime use of products which preserves natural resources. If a product is deemed to have no resale value, the product will be responsibly recycled by our certified recycling partner.
What happens to personal data on my electronics?
All electronics will be wiped clean of personal information prior to getting into the hands of other consumers. We will do a factory reset of all smartphones which removes all personal information and memory cards will be erased software that follows the Department of Defense guidelines. With all of this in mind, it is your responsibility to remove all personal data from any device you send to us, before you send it to us!
What does NextWorth do with my personal information such as email?
Why should I trust NextWorth?
With over eleven years of experience, millions of trades and at least as many happy customers, NextWorth is a leader in the trade-in industry. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and have received numerous accolades from the press over the years including the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Boston Globe and CNET. See our press section for more specific mentions. If you have any other questions or concerns you can always reach out to speak with us directly at (888) 969-4763 Monday thru Friday 9AM to 8 PM EST.