Mobile technology is constantly updating and upgrading. It seems just like yesterday we were reading about the iPhone 5 rumors; now we’re analyzing how the actual phone compares to the hype and its competitors.
When you consider the fact that most people didn’t even have a mobile phone ten years ago, the progress is incredible. Have you ever stopped to think about where mobile trends are headed?
The Stats on Where We Are Now
How are people using their mobile phones nowadays? A few mobile consumer stats:
- Consumers use their mobile phones the most while at home.
- On-the-go and while shopping are close seconds for mobile phone use.
- Of course, more mobile use equals more mobile apps. Over 300,000 apps have been developed in the last three years.
- Apps have been downloaded 10.9 billion times in the past three years.
Where We’re Headed—By the Numbers
Of course, mobile technology isn’t going anywhere, but its growth spurt in the coming years could be surprising. Check out these numbers on the surge you can expect to see in mobile use in the future:
- MobileFuture predicts that by 2016, a total of 3 billion mobile devices will be available in the United States.
- By 2015, 111.7 million Americans will be mobile shoppers.
- Also by 2015, almost half of Americans will be using the Internet on a mobile device (compared to around 36% nowadays).
- Sorry, dumbphones. By 2015, 109.5 million Americans will have switched over to smartphones.
Mobile technology is changing the way consumers browse the Internet, connect on social media, and purchase with E-commerce. What mobile trend do you predict for the future?
Recycle your used electronics to earn cash toward your next purchase. Use NextWorth’s price calculator to see how much your device is worth and then ship it to us for free.