If you’ve been keeping up with tech news, you’ve probably noticed a new trend—mobile technology in the classroom. Several schools across the country have started implementing the use of Apple’s iPad in class. From elementary thru high school, students of all ages are using mobile technology to aid their learning.
This is an awesome trend, and we think that many children are really thriving from it. So we did a little research about some of the coolest iPad apps available for these kids. Check out this list—then let us know if we left off your favorite!
- The Official SAT Question of the Day – For high-schoolers, the SAT can be one of the most stressful events in their lives. This FREE iPad app provides a real SAT question everyday in all categories—writing, reading and math.
- Grammar Guide – Let’s be honest, how many people actually enjoy grammar? Not very many. That’s what makes this app so great. For just $0.99 it provides a quick reference guide to everything grammar, such as punctuation, misspelled words and proofreading.
- iFlipr Flashcards – Memorizing for your next test? What better way to do so than with flashcards? This app utilizes an algorithm that’s designed to boost memory and retention, so that A is in the bag.
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary –Not sure how something is spelled? Use voice search to look up a word along with example sentences.
- Pandora – Let’s get real, even students need some fun apps. Pandora’s free app lets you stream music straight to your phone. The app works just like the online service—just choose your favorite artist or song and Pandora will do the rest!
What’s your favorite school-related iPad app? Let us know!