Trade-in Process Overview
Customer must have valid id and be 18 years or older.
As a store associate you will be conducting the in-store trade-in process. In the store, you can accept only iPods, iPhones, Cell Phones and Video Games for Trade-in.
In-store programs: Before starting the Trade-in process make sure the Customer has a student id, state issued drivers license, military id, passport or official state identification. The Guest must also be 18 years or older. Also confirm the customer has backup and removed and/or deleted all personal and sensitive data from the item, including memory cards. NextWorth is not responsible for safeguarding and destruction of this data. Once they complete the trade-in process they will not be able to get back the item. The process is as follows:
- Find the Item: This can be done by using the dynamic search bar (enter in the model #, UPC code, name of product, brand): browse for your item using the categories highlighted in blue. Hint: Video games: The UPC can be scanned into the calculator. Place the cursor in the search bar and then scan the code.
- Inspect & Get a Quote: Using the calculator enter answer the questions concerning the condition of the device. Also include any accessories the customer may have. Then click the calculate button and see the price.
- Checkout: Ask the Customer if they would like to accept the offer. If yes then you can make another trade or go to checkout. At checkout complete the customer information. When complete click the Proceed button.
- Confirm: Review the information you entered. If you are sure all the information is correct, have the Customer sign the trade-in receipt. You can printout a copy for the
Customer using the "Print Quote" button. If the Customer, does not want to complete the trade-in at this time, the quote will remain in effect for twenty-four (24) hours. Once the customer has signed the trade-in receipt, click the Confirm button. You should keep the signed trade-in receipt as part of your records.
- Make Payment: Printout a packing slip for each item traded-in. Attach the packing slips to the product (rubber band). Then go to the store point-of-sale and issue a gift card for the total value of the trade-in. It is recommended to enter into the POS the trade-in transaction number. This will help in the reconciliation process later.
- Store traded items: Store all items in a safe location. This is valuable property. You will ship this item with other orders at least once a week. See shipping instructions under Sales Associate Tools tab.